Above Industry Rates, Private Medical Insurance + 1 dependent, 15 days leave, Monthly Dinner & Lunch. Join Us!
Go-Va provides clients based in Australia with offshore employees. We are managed operations, not a BPO. You will work in the Go-Va office in Cebu and have direct contact with your Australian company on a daily basis who will train you in their policies and procedures. Go-Va management on site is there to support you and we provide you with many benefits.
About the Role
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to support the business and accounting function through the provision of booking and administration services, with the main focus on managing the Accounts Payable process. The Finance Assistant will need to be able to work independently, whilst also working closely with the Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Finance Manager (based in Sydney), your main responsibility will be as follows:
- Manage accounts payable function:
- Enter and code supplier invoices into WFM and/or Xero, validate costs against the jobs
- Create and receipt POs in WFM
- Oversee the staff expense payment process (ensure that receipts are submitted + match to the expense claim, that relevant approvers are notified, expenses are coded correctly)
- Banking: set up bank payments for approved invoices and expense claims and ensure the payment happens on time and on correct trading terms. Email remittances from Xero as required
- Reconcile supplier statements vs Xero and provide payment updates to suppliers/staff as they come through
- Train staff on expense claim procedure
- Reconcile Credit Cards:
- Code transactions
- Validate transactions: ensure correct receipts/back-up for expenses, ensure compliance with the policies. Raise/question any abnormalities and advice Finance Manager accordingly.
- Manage the receipts mailbox + all associated paperwork, ensuring cost integrity + correct audit trail
- Weekly reconciliation of Visa and Amex accounts in Xero
- Banking: working with the Senior Accountant, ensure that credit cards are all paid on time and always have credit available
- Assist the Finance Manager with AR/credit management matters
- Leave tracking/reconciliation – track days in lieu and reconcile staff leave
- Obtain quotes and make purchases as required, as well as provide any other administrative support required by the Finance Team
- Adhoc finance matters
- University qualification in accounting/finance and 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible, team player with good communication skills, able to work with minimum supervision