All companies have their own culture and we rounded up a dozen and came up with 8 Culture Highlights of GO-VA. We’ll let you take a peek at how we are at GO-VA and let your imagination work on these!
1. English Speaking Zone – Respect. This is the foundation of why everyone speaks in English. They speak in English to give respect to their colleagues, the clients, to their colleague’s client and most importantly, to give respect to colleagues talking to their client when they visit here.
2. Family – Figuratively and Literally. From our founder and CEO who built this company, Fiona and her brother Matt started GO-VA and they built it with a Vision to enable success for our client’s businesses, but more than their vision, they put up GO-VA to provide employment to Cebuanos which they found to love. They can easily choose Manila, but they found family in Cebuanos and we found family in them too. She may be our CEO but she treats us like her family. You would be surprised that she doesn’t need her Andrea and Emily (like assistants in the Movie Devil Wears Prada) to tell her employee names and their story because she knows them. There’s another deep secret that new employees tend to find out; most of the employees here working are either married couple, relatives or siblings! How cool is that!? Your brother/sister just working on a different station or you go to work at the same time!
3. Progression, not perfection– “If you’re uncomfortable (with your work) – stick to it. The feeling of discomfort is exactly where you need to be – the feeling of not knowing everything. We should always be improving extend your knowledge, reading beyond what we do at work.” This came from the company’s co-founder – Matt Kesby sharing that we’re not about being perfect. Fiona and Matt always share and encourage everyone to be in that chair where they always want you to learn something new, to develop yourself to a better you because once you’re perfect, the only way is down. So always ask questions, learn something new and never assume.
4. Managed Operations – you’re an employee of a company from another country so you work as they work if they need anything, they contact you and if they need to talk to you, they can reach you via VOIP or cam chat. Permanent schedule, with permanent workstation and you, go on holidays with your boss(overseas). You also have the chance to fly to where your clients are. Our company ranges from IT Developers, Programmers, to Recruitment Specialists, to Legal Assistants, Bookkeeping, Accounting to Copy Editing, Financial Assistants to Writers, Sales, Data Researchers to Constructions and yet, our clients range from Australia to U.K. to U.S and we now reached as far as Papua New Guinea in Africa. So yeah, we’re not your usual company, we’re a company of companies.
5. For my Number 5, it’s the 5 Company Values – Care, Drive, Learn, Execute, Find a Way. Care is a very vague word, but simply put that we care about everyone in the company, much as we care about the success of our clients knowing that their success is also our long-term success- a win-win for all of us. We also possess an internal drive to help our clients succeed and exceed their goals. They inspire everyone to Learn; to possess a thirst for learning new skills, and commit to extended learning to keep ourselves adding value to our clients and most importantly, to each other. Executing by focusing and getting our job done. We believe in measurements and creating winnable games across all the work we do. Lastly, Find a Way, by taking responsibility, accountability, and ownership for our actions. We embrace challenges and committing to finding resolutions to any obstacle, just like McGuyver.
6. Schedule. Most of our clients are Australians so most of our Team Members are on the morning shift, and not just on the usual morning timezone like everybody here in Cebu. Since they follow their boss’ schedule (which is a good thing), they are up earlier, arrive earlier and off from work earlier than most people so less to no traffic. Since our family is growing, we now catered to U.K and U.S accounts which spell out, mid shift and nightshift for those nocturnal workers and believe me, there are still people who love working at night. Plus, permanent schedule and holidays off – you can’t debate about these two.
7. It’s a Fiona-Matt thing. I believe that our CEO and founder takes care of their company and employees not because they are supposed to do so, but because they really DO care. Having a monthly catch up lunch (and dinner for the night and mid shift-so yes, she really takes the time to catch up and talk with our employees), talks about her engagement with GO-VA Team Members. Other than awarding those who are well deserved, and more importantly, any Team Member concerns, she takes action faster than you can spell GO-VA. Monthly activity to keep that work-life balance and of course, have fun! Family Day, Sportsfest, Movie Nights are just some of the activities that the company’s happenings.
8. Well-being and well… being. Private Medical insurance, plus you get to register one dependent which is a great help to everyone in terms of taking care of their health and of their family members; on your first day. Gone are the nightmares of waiting for 6months. Prevention is better than cure so we also have a dedicated employee wellness officer that takes charge of your wellness. However, we cannot predict unforeseen circumstance beyond our control so we also have a nurse on site and doctor once or twice a week if you have any health concerns. Well- being is not just medical, that’s why the management is always here for their Team Members and are very supportive – from the CEO that you can just e-mail or talk to, the IT guys that would help you for any IT related concern, to the HR, recruitment and finance staff that are here to answer any queries and process any HR related requests. We all believe that feedback is the breakfast of champions so any concerns that our Team Members raise, our management team are all glad to take action on it.
There’s more than meets the eye and it’s more than just a company, more than the workstations and chairs, more than the computer and work per se, more than the everyday tasks, everything is more than that. These are just words, but some are better of experienced. We encourage you to send in your resumes to [email protected]
and/or visit our page at www.go-va.com.ph
. We hope to see you soon!